Monday, November 8, 2010

The Passing Cloud

It was a fine afternoon that gave me a memory that will stay with me far better than I had ever imagined. I remember walking past an auto with divided opinions over hiring one. I had finally made my choice and that proved to be a worthy one. I had decided to be on my own, walking down the street on foot. Despite me taking the decision to walk, I had a constant urge to turn around and look for an auto coming by my way. But I continued marching.
And soon I was able to hear a subtle noise of continual taps and hushes from behind. To my surprise I could see the sky pouring down only a few meters away (10-15m). I couldn't believe the beauty that I was unfolding right in front of me. I looked around my feet and then up the sky only to find what the weather man would say a clear sky. I looked back at the marvel and I could see people running towards me like they were chased by the magnified toys of Steven Spielberg Inc.
I could hear a few hailing "Hey, the rain is chasing us". I was amused by the happenings of the minute, if i could say, it was fast. Just when the realization struck that I was the next in line to be greeted by the goddess of the sky. A shop and its more essential front shade caught my attention. As I took my first step towards it, I was blessed. In another few seconds the path was clear, and she had travelled the distance that I see and perhaps a lot more.
It was "The perfect passing cloud". I hired an auto for my way back home wondering "could this be the reason why I didn't hire the first auto?"... An experience that was worth it all... :)

3 comments: