Monday, November 8, 2010

Diwali Day - Sweets, Celebrations and Happiness


On the 8th of november I type these into my laptop as the bottom right corner on my screen reads 05:07. I've just reached my room and the climate here is soothing me to bed with every minute.
But this time, I believe that I'd win over my laziness.
Today also happen to be the 115th anniversary of the discovery of X-rays. This must be a happening month. 5th of this month was diwali, one of the most important festival of the Hindus. Diwali or deepavali (Row of lamps), the festival of lights, according to Hindu belief is celebrated to mark the return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya from his exile after vanquishing demon king Ravana. It is celebrated on the new moon day of the tamil month "Ipassi".
Its strong association with crackers has taken it to the next level where everyone celebrates and light up the night sky with beautiful colours. I was at my home to celebrate diwali with my parents. With sweets and celebration the day turned out to be a memorable one. It was made all the more memorable when my enthusiastic self forced everyone to wait and watch me taking photographs of the sweet box at various angles, just to get the perfect picture for my blog :P . Finally I managed to put the compilation for display as a single picture. I'm glad if it did make a few mouths water. Talking about water, I've noticed that most of the diwali days come in line with showers from the kind sky. A time when people are badly in need of a dry weather to enjoy the fireworks to the fullest.I wonder what exactly the reason behind this is. Does the excessive cracker dust play a role in the weather change along with the usual participants? Another interesting part is the fact that TV channels air special shows and movies on the day of diwali. When 3/4th of the festive community is out busy turning crackers to smoke, dust and papers and of course "awesome fireworks and colours" the rest are lured towards the television only to enjoy the brilliantly picturised specials that are aired, along with a monotonous 'crac brac pat tap bang' noise of the crackers. The patience of the viewers is tested to the highest possible extent.
Ah, I've finally managed to brush aside the "later" factor and have blogged. Cheers. Have a great day!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Well presented..take time out and post on what happens around you..good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you blogging again :)
    Nice expression of Diwali, the favorite festival of India!

    ReplyDelete