Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Brand Forward - Harvard Ad


The power of words backed by a green maze;
The reach of its light leaves aspirants in amaze...

Flipping the pages of HBR I kept asking myself "What Next". It took a few moments for me to realize that I was no longer doing that act. My finger wasn't even willing to point towards the corner of this page. I was gazing at this picture as the stocks would graze the pastures.
I just liked the way the sentence is smoothened to funnel out the brand.
You face increasingly critical challenges
in an unprecedented global economy.

You convene with powers
from around the world.
Your network grows.
Management becomes leadership.

You return ready to take your
organization where it needs to go.

The Next Level

Harvard

A short ode that address the present need of an aspirant, takes him through his dreams, the ones that he had imagines, the way he had imagined, and seeds the urge in the soil of desires and sprinkles it with belief that the fruit of his peach tree could be a tasty orange if he dreams for it.
The use of the words "Next level" is a hammering addition to wanting mind.
A clear demarcation of the dreams from the present and a strengthening assurance that the best key to the door is within reach. The Enlarged font illudes the mind of its closeness and best fit among the rest. I'm not sure if I liked the ad for the love of the brand or for the simple beauty that the ad manages to flaunt to the captivated eyes.


2 comments: